Wednesday, June 26th, 2019
Closed Technical Test 2
You’ve got questions about Project 1v1 -- Gearbox Software’s in-development, first-person combat game -- and we’ve got answers! Below you’ll find our Project 1v1 FAQ. It contains just about everything you’ll need to know about the Project 1v1 Closed Technical Test.
While most things should be covered below, if you don’t see the answer to your question, feel free to reach out to our support team, or ask the community on the Project 1v1 Forums and Discord. We appreciate your participation in the Project 1v1 Closed Technical Test and look forward to hearing your feedback!
New since CTT1:
- New cards. More than twice as many cards and many existing cards are reworked.
- New maps. 3 new maps. The existing 2 maps have also had layout improvements.
- New UI. New Lobby user interface and HUD. A whole new look, and now with adjustable lobby resolution.
- Botmatch Challenges, Training, and Custom Matches.
- Client-side networking. Feels like zero ping.
- Players pick up "charges" mid-match. Most cards require a charge to use. For some cards, charging them reduces their cooldown.
- Contenders Ladder system. A rich ranking/progression blend with divisions and promotion series'.
- Career features. Daily achievements, Frag Cards (think battle pass) and Card-Unlock Tree. All designed to enhance the core gameplay loop via progression and reward systems.
- Watch a recording of any previously played match from recent history. Share replays in chat.
- Follow other players to spectate them, watch their replays, or chat with them when they aren't in your hangout
- Open Challenges. Post an open challenge in chat that anyone can accept.
- Character customization. New characters and the ability to pick a head, body, and customize colors.
- Customizable emote wheel.
- Customizable player icons.
- Customizable player Sigs. Customize your character animation that plays in the staging area before a match.
- Premium cards. Cosmetic mesh, skin, and FX swaps.
- Deck select. Deck select now occurs after knowing the map and the opponent.
- Improved chat. Includes emoji support and direct messages.
- New music.
- Player stats.
What is Project 1v1?
Project 1v1 is a first-person shooter that combines the depth and skill of 1v1 deathmatch, with the deck-building strategies of a collectible card game.
How can I learn more?
Follow Gearbox on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Join our discord channel: here or keep up on the discussion surrounding the Project 1v1 Closed Technical Test on the Gearbox Software Forums.
How far along is Project 1v1?
Project 1v1 is best categorized as “Alpha”, because it has the majority of its key features included. However, some features are still in development, and many of its features will be tested for the first time! This test is intended to test the game’s major gameplay and progression features, the results of which will be used to shape the game throughout the remainder of its development.
How do I join the Closed Technical Test?
To join the Closed Technical Test, you must have an active SHiFT account that is linked to a Steam account. You can create a SHiFT account here.
Once your Steam account is linked to your SHiFT account, you can sign up for the Closed Technical Test here.
Can my friends join the Closed Technical Test?
Yes! Anyone can go to https://shift.gearboxsoftware.com/ and register, however registration slots are limited, and on a first-come first-serve basis.
Can I stream or capture gameplay footage?
We’re glad you asked. Unfortunately, we are not allowing streaming or videos featuring gameplay during the Project 1v1 CTT. Additionally, no screenshots may be taken during the CTT.
How long does the Closed Technical Test last?
We anticipate running the test for 4 weeks.
What platforms is Project 1v1 available on?
Project 1v1 is currently available only on Steam, although final release and future test platforms are under evaluation.
Will Project 1v1 offer controller support?
Project 1v1 does not offer controller support.
How can I report a bug?
Simple – just head over to our support page and submit a ticket to notify our team. You can also share any findings or feedback on our Project 1v1 forum.
What are the minimum PC specs for Project 1v1?
The minimum PC specs for Project 1v1 are:
- Dual-Core Intel or AMD processor, 1.5 Ghz or faster
- NVIDIA GeForce 470 GTX or AMD Radeon 6870 series card or higher
- 2 GB RAM
How do I get more cards?
Players earn credits and fragments when winning ranked matches or completing daily achievements, that can be spent in the Card-Unlock Tree.
How do I learn about cards I don’t have, that my opponents are using against me?
You can browse all unlockable cards at the Card Tree, under the Career tab. Additionally, press Tab during a match to see what cards your opponent used.